Since its humble founding by Arland E. Longacre in 1922 as a small electrical business operating from a shed on the family farm, The Longacre Company has always been attuned to the changing technological landscape, and has adapted and expanded its product and service offerings to meet the needs of its growing customer base. In 2022, The Longacre Company is proud to be celebrating not only its 100th anniversary, but also the diversity of products and services that it offers its customers, including:
- Electrical Services for residential, commercial, municipal and industrial customers. The Longacre Company will handle any electrical project from replacing a light switch to installing a backup generator to wiring an entire industrial building.
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Services for residential, commercial, municipal and industrial customers. This includes everything from servicing an existing air conditioning system in a family home to retrofitting an older building with climate control to designing and installing a state-of-the-art HVAC system for a manufacturing plant.
- Plumbing Services for residential, commercial, municipal and industrial customers. The Longacre plumbing team will tackle any plumbing issue or project from a simple faucet replacement to installation of an entire water and sewer system to commercial kitchen and bathroom design.
- Flooring Installation Services. The Longacre flooring experts help their customers select the most suitable material for the application, whether it be carpet, hardwood, vinyl, ceramic or stone tile, laminate, or composite tile.
- Kitchen and Bathroom Design. The Longacre Company has a team of designers who specialize in kitchens and baths, as well as a full showroom where their customers can see and feel the products they are considering purchasing for their home renovation project.
- Commercial Refrigeration.
Despite the long-term success of the family business, the longevity of The Longacre Company was not without significant challenges. Two events in recent history that tested the business include the Great Recession of 2007 to 2009, as well as the Covid-19 pandemic.
Steve Longacre, third generation family owner and Vice President of The Longacre Company credits the company’s diversity of services with its surviving and prospering though those challenging times, when so many other businesses did not. “We’re pretty flexible in our industry, and I am grateful we are so diversified, especially when the recession hit the hardest in 2008. The light commercial work dropped off substantially, so we were able to fall back and focus on our residential customers. We have struggled with inflated material costs, especially with copper pricing and fuel going through the roof. I have 40 trucks on the road, so that’s a huge expense.”
The Longacre Company maintains that same diversity of service offerings today, a testament to the customer-focused business model started 100 years ago by Arland Longacre. The Longacre Company’s goal is to make the business a one-stop shop for their customer service, repair and installation and remodeling needs. “We like to tell the homeowner we do everything but paint,” says Steve.
The Longacre Company is now positioned to continue to provide top-quality products and services well into the future, and Steve credits both customers and employees with the success of the business. “We could not have made it this far without great employees, decades-long loyal customers and our steadfast commitment to always provide quality products and customer service,” he reported. “The Longacre Company’s commitment to quality through the years has stood the test of time when others had come and gone.”
For more information about The Longacre Company, their product offering, their services and their experienced team of professionals, visit https://longacreco.com.
The Longacre Company
602 Main Street, Bally, PA 19503