- Strong bones & bright smiles. Multivitamins that contain calcium and vitamin D provide kids with the primary mineral (calcium) needed for strong bones and pearly whites, and an essential vitamin (D) to help their growing bodies absorb the calcium. Getting enough of this vitamin-mineral combination is especially essential during early childhood and adolescence, when most of a person’s bone mass is formed.
- Healthy, happy kids. Vitamins like A, C, D and E are staples in our children’s multis, and each of them is so important for supporting immune health all year long. Multivitamins can contribute to antioxidant health and help keep your child’s immune system healthy and fortified.
- Fuel for play. Kids need energy from the right sources to fuel their active days – and not the temporary “energy” that comes from tons of sugar (and the inevitable crash that follows). Multivitamins are rich in B vitamins can help them convert food into energy. Just like adults, growing children need to replenish their supply of B vitamins daily, so they can support energy metabolism and enjoy their busy, fun-filled days to the fullest.
- Establishes healthy habits early. The regular replenishment of vitamins and minerals is essential to health and vitality, and this is especially true in the growing, changing-every-day bodies of children. Kids who grow up taking their vitamins every day are much more likely to continue this healthy habit into adulthood.
Julie this has all be great information. I know that Vegetarian Naturals produces two great vitamins. Kids Whole Life™ OMEGA & DHA Gummies and Bear Necessities Multivitamin Gummies. My last question is about the Omega & DHA. Can you share with us what this is and why it is important?
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in fatty layers of cold-water fish and shellfish, plant and nut oils, English walnuts, flaxseed, algae oils, and fortified foods. DHA is an acronym for the nutrient docosahexaenoic acid, an Omega-3 fatty acid. (No wonder they abbreviate it.) Many studies suggest that Omega & DHA supplements offer several benefits for children.
May improve symptoms of ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common condition linked to symptoms like hyperactivity, impulsiveness, and difficulty focusing (5Trusted Source).
Some research indicates that Omega & DHA supplements may help decrease ADHD symptoms in children.
A review of 16 studies revealed that Omega & DHA improved memory, attention, learning, impulsivity, and hyperactivity, all of which are often affected by ADHD (6Trusted Source).
A 16-week study in 79 boys showed that taking 1,300 mg of Omega & DHA daily improved attention in those with and without ADHD (7Trusted Source).
What’s more, a large review of 52 studies concluded that dietary modifications and fish oil supplements were two of the most promising techniques to reduce ADHD symptoms in children (8Trusted Source).
Could reduce asthma
Asthma is a chronic condition that affects children and adults, causing symptoms like chest pain, breathing difficulties, coughing, and wheezing (9Trusted Source).
Some studies have found that Omega & DHA supplements help relieve these symptoms.
For instance, a 10-month study in 29 children noted that taking a fish-oil capsule containing 120 mg of combined DHA and EPA daily helped decrease symptoms of asthma (10Trusted Source).
Another study in 135 children associated a higher intake of Omega & DHA with a reduction in asthma symptoms caused by indoor air pollution (11Trusted Source).
Other studies reveal a possible link between Omega & DHA and a lower risk of asthma in children (12Trusted Source, 13Trusted Source).
Promotes better sleep
Sleep disturbances affect nearly 4% of children under age 18 (14Trusted Source).
One study in 395 children tied lower blood levels of Omega & DHA to a higher risk of sleep problems. It also found that supplementing with 600 mg of DHA over 16 weeks decreased sleep interruptions and led to nearly 1 more hour of sleep per night (15Trusted Source).
Other research suggests that consuming more Omega & DHA during pregnancy could improve sleep patterns in infants (16Trusted Source, 17Trusted Source).
However, more high-quality studies regarding Omega & DHA and sleep in children are needed.
Enhances brain health
Emerging research indicates that Omega & DHA may improve brain function and mood in children — in particular, learning, memory, and brain development (18Trusted Source).
In a 6-month study, 183 children who ate a spread high in Omega & DHA experienced improved verbal learning ability and memory (19Trusted Source).
Similarly, a small, 8-week study in 33 boys linked 400–1,200 mg of DHA daily to increased activation of the prefrontal cortex, the region of the brain responsible for attention, impulse control, and planning (20Trusted Source).
Furthermore, several studies suggest that Omega & DHA help prevent depression and mood disorders in children (21Trusted Source, 22Trusted Source, 23Trusted Source).
The bottom line is Omega & DHA are important for maintaining your child’s overall health. Omega & DHAs are especially beneficial for kids’ brain health. They may also aid sleep quality and reduce symptoms of ADHD and asthma. Providing plenty of foods high in Omega & DHAs vitamins can help ensure that your child is meeting their daily needs.
About Vegetarian Naturals® Product
- Vegetarian Naturals® Kids Whole Life™ Bear Necessities Multivitamin Gummies supports overall wellness for healthy growth and development.
Kids Whole Life™ Bear Necessities Multivitamin Gummies contain essential vitamin and mineral blends containing Vitamin A, C, E and B vitamin. We use a vegetarian form of Vitamin D which supports bone health.
- Vegetarian Naturals® Kid’s Whole Life™ OMEGA & DHA GUMMIES support brain, vision and overall health for your developing toddler. * Available NOW on Amazon.com!
Kid’s Whole Life™ OMEGA & DHA Gummies contain OMEGA 3-6-9 acids, chia seed oil and DHA from life’sDHA™.
The DHA in life’sDHA™ is a vegetarian source of Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) and the natural OMEGA 3 is derived from algae.
The OMEGA-3’s life’sDHA™ in Vegetarian Naturals® will give you the confidence that your developing child has the essential building blocks they need to support healthy growth from a trusted source.*
Every Vegetarian Naturals® product is 100% Vegetarian. That means there is no gelatin in our gummies we don’t test on animals. Each product uses natural colors, sugars and flavor blends which means NO artificial sugars, colors and flavors and high-fructose corn syrup. Our products are Gluten Free, Third-Party tested and formulated in the USA.